This January, California Restaurant Month will celebrate its sixth anniversary with flavor-filled days featuring prix-fixe menus, wine-pairing specials, chef-led events and more at dining establishments across the state.
To celebrate California Restaurant month in the Tri-Valley, the mysterious Secret Somm will build on last year’s buzz by surprising random diners with gifts of local wine and a paid meal tab every weekend January 8-31.
Last year, the Secret Somm gifted more than 30 bottles of wine to restaurant patrons in five cities. These random acts of wine-kindness generated national attention from media outlets such as Good Morning America, Huffington Post, ABC, NBC and CBS News.
Things to know:
- Please keep Secret Somm’s identity anonymous
- Secret Somm will only visit places that serve wine produced in Livermore Valley. Bottles will be ordered from the restaurant’s existing wine list.
- Please share that Secret Somm has arrived at your establishment via social media with photos and/or video of the gift recipients
- Secret Somm always pays the bill (plus gratuity!), so no comps are requested
- Official hashtags: #secretsomm #secretsommca #visittrivalley
Spread the news, and follow the trail of good will-